Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chickies!!!!

I got my chicken delivery!  From Dare To Dream Farms -- they deliver!  I got a Plymouth Rock (the black and white spotted one) and an Easter Egger (the brown one).

We're thinking we'll call them Oreo and Caramel??  But that's to be determined I guess....

The Plymouth Rock is much smaller (2 weeks younger) and a bit smarter (IQ = 3 instead of 2!!), and less skiddish.

The Plymouth Rock is drinking out of a water dish right now -- they are too skiddish for me to catch and teach how to use the water bottle and nipple.  The Easter Egger hasn't figured out the water dish yet.

We're also worried they aren't going to know how to climb into their coop later tonight (up their little ladder -- check out the post below this one for what the tractor looks like).  When we got them we immediately put them in the coop part, up high, and the Plymnouth Rock came down immediately.  The Easter Egger stayed up there a long time.  I don't want to have to climb into the little chicken tractor tonight to catch them and put them in their coop.  We shall see.....






The Easter Egger is going to lay green eggs in a few months!  The Plymouth Rock will lay brown eggs.

http://polloplayer.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/ee-eggs.jpg?w=455

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty chickens!!
    I like Oreo. I feel like we could be friends.
    Great job on the coop, Hubs!

    ReplyDelete